Salary will be determined based upon candidate qualifications.
ElBarid is looking for a dedicated & ambitious solutions developer for our industry-leading mobile banking and mobile payment platforms ElBank (www.elbank.me) and Hey-Pay! (www.hey-pay.me).
About the Role
The role will involve development of websites, web services over .NET framework and procedures for diverse database systems. The candidate will put to code the flows and requirements specifications that are set by senior analysts and banks' IT teams; after the development, the candidate will apply Unit Testing and deliver the results of the procedure.
About the Candidate
The ideal candidate will have at most 2-years' experience in web development and database. The candidate must have the ability to learn new technical skills and think creatively with attention to detail in order to ensure the clients' requirements are met to the highest standard.
English and Arabic proficiency is a must; French is a plus. Must be willing to travel.
- At most 2 years' experience in software development
- Excellent telephone manner and listening skills
- The ability to relate to customers in a professional and courteous manner
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Self-motivation to work under his/her own initiative
- Maintain great long term relationships with customers
- Have full knowledge on all of the capabilities and functions of ElBarid and full services (don't worry, we'll teach you all of that)
- Language: VB and/or C#
- Programming: .NET; MVC; ASP; LINQ.
- Database: MSSQL; Oracle; MySQL.
- Simplicity enthusiast / problem solver (find the simplest solution to a problem)
- Greater good / no ego (what's best for the team, not for personal gain)
- Sense of humour (the glue that keeps us working together harmoniously)
- Humble & open minded (always open to new ideas and approaches)
- Positive & friendly (shows kindly interest and goodwill)
- Self-directed & dependable (trusted to provide what is needed without being managed)
ElBarid is a Value Added Service Provider for Wireless Communication (VASW) focusing mainly on business SMS.
We started operations in February 2002. We are headquartered in Beirut, Lebanon, with representative offices in Kuwait City and Dubai. We serve more than 500 corporate customers in more than 8 different countries, of which more than 60 are banks and financial institutions. We deliver SMS messages to more than 120 operators worldwide and covers all Europe, the Middle East, Africa, America, and Asia.
Our Products include:
- Hey! Pay™ (www.hey-pay.me)
Mobile Payment platform
- ElBank™ (www.elbank.me)
A secure, customizable, cross-platform, and cost-effective mobile banking solution that integrates into banks' existing infrastructure. The platform's straightforward and simple UI ensures that even the most novice mobile banking users will understand how to access banks' services.
- EMG® - ElBarid Message Generator
Used by banks, card processors and large corporations to generate messages automatically.
- EIM® - ElBarid Incoming Message
Used by banks, card processors and large corporations for accepting incoming SMS requests and generating a reply SMS containing specific data to reply to the requested inquiry. In combination with EMG®.
- STOFOR® - Stock and Forex
Used by traders within Financial institutions and trading desks of banks to notify their customers on the real time value of Forex exchange and equity.
- EMS® ElBarid Messaging System
An application with a very powerful phonebook used by individuals and corporations to organize their data on their own PC, and it is used by corporations for large broadcasts of a single message.
- EM2S® - ElBarid Mail to SMS
Application connected to the mail agent of the user or the mail server of the corporation that will generate an SMS notification for an incoming e-mail.